You may have probably heard much about the cashback schemes, but you don’t have much time to learn all about them. What you’re just after is to find what you need online, click add to cart, check out, then pay.
What you don’t know is that you can earn or save, whichever way you want to treat it, by just adding an all-important extra click in your usual shopping process. Cashback is a program of an affiliate marketing company wherein it gives back or shares a portion of its commission to the buyers from its site.
However, you should know that this is not a regular gig wherein you can earn fast cash by doing things not many people like to do. Instead, you need to spend money to earn money; the more you spend, the more chances of earning. So, this is mostly beneficial for people who always do online shopping.
How Does It Exactly Work?
Contrary to many beliefs, this marketing style has been around for many years, although some were not aware of it. Perhaps, it’s only now that it’s gaining popularity due to social media.
Many people are not taking advantage of cashback websites yet, most probably because they don’t know how to use them. Some may even don’t know that they exist.
To better understand this, below are some simple explanations of how these portals work:
- First, sign up for the portal. Once finished, your account will be active in real-time. The usual things that these websites ask for are your phone number, your email address, and the details of how they’re going to pay you, like a Paypal account or bank details.
- You may then start shopping using the portal where you registered. You can choose from a particular store where you want to do your shopping and start online shopping.
- Once you’ve completed your purchase, it’s going to be tracked by the portal, and the record will be stored in your purchase history. The common practice by most websites is that they pay once every quarter, either through Paypal, by sending you a check, or even membership rewards points.
Advantages of Cashback Online Shopping
Online shopping has been heaven-sent to those who love shopping but are too lazy to go to the
mall or too frugal on gas to go somewhere. However, cashback websites brought online shopping to a whole new level by adding additional benefits.
But, why are people into cashback shopping nowadays? It’s because of these benefits:
- First time purchase on a particular website usually earns higher rebates than regular ones. Some even usually offer a sign up bonus of $5-$10. Some sites can also reward you with as much as 100% cashback.
- By just literally shopping online, you can earn passive income at home.
- Each website typically has a huge amount of partner stores, so the selections of products and services are almost limitless. You can literally find everything, from shoes and bags, grocery items, online banking, airline ticketing, to even dating services.
- Get cashbacks indirectly by referring friends, family members, and others as some websites can also give you a portion of the purchase amount every time they buy on those sites.
- There’s very stiff competition among cashback websites, so they tend to match each other’s rates. This is very beneficial to online shoppers as you can always get the best deals if you’re diligent enough to look out for them.
- It’s possible to earn cashback without spending a dime as some websites give rewards by mere registration, filling out survey forms, and asking for quotations.
- Other websites allow you to earn cashback even if you shop in brick-and-mortar stores by downloading their applications or registering for their cashback using cards. The good thing about an in-store purchase is that you can pile additional cashback apps.
Online shopping using these cashback websites can be considered as an extra layer of customer satisfaction. Before, you see notices from different websites stating that they’re an affiliate marketer, and any purchases you make using their affiliate links entitle them to a commission. Now, websites are sharing a portion of what they earn from shoppers.
If you’re not much into shopping, this isn’t a free income since you need to spend on things to earn, except for a few occasions. However, when everything you need relies on the tip of your fingers, then it’s time to start utilizing these cashback websites. With these, you’ve got nothing to lose and everything to gain.